Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Sunday, March 18, 2018

RootsTech 2018 in Review

https://media.familysearch.org/rootstech-2018-in-review/
I guess I can look forward to attending RootsTech 2019, but I will have to wait and see what the future brings. I do note that the attendance for RootsTech 2018 was up from 2017 but still down from 2016 when there were more than 26,000 attendees. Looking at the figures for the Family Discovery Day, maybe FamilySearch is really trying to run two different conferences at the same time? Maybe Family Discovery Day needs to be a multi-day conference separate from the RootsTech oriented conference?

I have been catching up slowly with the online presentations. This is a great benefit for those of us unable to travel to the live conference in Salt Lake City, Utah.

1 comment:

  1. While I didn’t attend in 2018 (I did in 2015and 2016), the feedback,locally suggests you may be right James. In addition some classes seem to have BYU lecture credits as their primary rationale. It seems size is being achieved at the expense of confusion over purpose.

    ReplyDelete